Re: Basic questions about LSM architecture.

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 10:00:43 PST

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Greg KH wrote:

    > I don't see where the term "Primary Security Module" is used in the
    > documentation.  Could you point it out to me?

    Yes, we used this term in the LSM overview document to refer to the
    security module registered via the top-level register_security function.
    The top-level register_security function only permits one such module to
    be registered at any given time.  Since this module is ultimately
    responsible for handling the hooks and for handling any stacking of
    subsequent modules, we referred to it as "primary".  In practice, this
    means the first loaded/initialized security module, although another
    module could later become primary if the first module calls
    unregister_security.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private