Re: [ANNOUNCE] 2001_12_10 patch against 2.4.16

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 15:39:50 PST

    richard offer wrote:

    >* frm chrisat_private "12/10/2001 03:07:14 PM -0800" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    >* What's changed since the 2001_11_26-2.4.16 patch:
    >* 	SELinux module added				(Stephen Smalley)
    >Is the plan to include SElinux when we submit the patch to LKML ? I'm a bit
    >worried that if we were to include it that the size increase would preclude
    >any reasonable discussion on the merits of LSM.

    IIRC, the whole question of whether to include the sample modules
    (SELinux, partial Open Wall, etc.) when we submit the LSM patch is still
    unresolved. Clearly if we do include them, we need to prominently state
    that a lot of the bulk is sample modules, and that they can be submitted
    separately if people would rather they be packaged separately. It is not
    really a fundamental issue, and we just have to make sure that no one
    interprets it as a fundamental issue.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.