Re: Legitimate Question

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 14:17:48 PST

    On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 05:03:01PM -0500, jmjonesat_private wrote:
    > If no "standard" is adopted, I will write an application that can check
    > multiple accesses, hopefully to be included with the "standard package".
    > Is this beyond the realm of reasonable?

    Probably. It is my understanding that the Openwall-ish module, DTE,
    SELinux, and whatever else we accumulate, will not actually be included
    in our proposal to Linus for inclusion in Linux 2.5. Only the superuser
    (dummy) and capabilities modules will be included, and shipped with the
    kernel, if we get it accepted.

    Thus, any such LSM-ClueBat application as Crispin proposed would
    necessarily be distributed through non-LSM channels..

    --
    "In God we trust, all others we monitor."
     -- NSA, Intercept Operators's motto, 1970