Re: Legitimate Question

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 16:11:39 PST

    jmjonesat_private wrote:

    >Um, the only problem I have is getting the executable I write to be "full
    >permission" on a variety of systems.

    ... bypassing security.

    >I guess it would be appropriate for it to be set the same priority via DTE
    >or module-manual methods as the executable being installed, but I am
    >somewhat uncertain as to how this can be done in a "cross-module" manner.

    It CANNOT be done in a cross-module manner. At best, you can write one
    program that speaks the language of several modules. That is as
    cross-module as it is ever going to get.

    >Any advice would be useful,

    Go write yourself that cross-module program if you want one.

    > or any modifications to the LSM interface that
    >would support it would be useful.

    Not going to happen.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.

            The Olympic Games: A Century of Corruption and Graft