Snare version 0.9 released

From: Red Phoenix (redph0enixat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 16:55:45 PDT

    Hi,

    A few people on LSM have expressed interest in SNARE (System iNtrusion
    Analysis and Reporting Environment - a Linux C2-style auditing subsystem) in
    the past, so I thought you'd appreciate it if I sent an annoucement for the
    new release (0.9) to the list.

    A couple of new features that you may be interested in:
    - Open-File-Flag filtering (eg: only report if a file in /etc/ is WRITTEN
    to)
    - User exception reporting  (ie: "Tell me whenever anyone EXCEPT root,
    WRITES to /etc/passwd")
    - A few new monitored system calls (create_module, connect(), accept())
    - The ability to send data over the network to a central auditing host.

    More info is available from
    http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/index.html.

    Regards,

    Leigh.