[ANNOUNCE] 2.4.18-lsm3

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 12:10:09 PDT

    The Linux Security Modules project provides a lightweight, general
    purpose framework for access control.  The LSM interface enables
    security policies to be developed as loadable kernel modules.
    See http://lsm.immunix.org for more information.

    Updated 2.4.18 lsm patch released.

    Full lsm-2.4 patch (LSM + all modules) is available at:
    	http://lsm.immunix.org/patches/2.4/2.4.18/patch-2.4.18-lsm3.gz

    The whole ChangeLog for this release is at:
    	http://lsm.immunix.org/patches/2.4/2.4.18/ChangeLog-2.4.18-lsm3

    2.4.18-lsm3
     - SELinux updates					(Stephen Smalley)
       - build updates
       - permit blocking allocate during policy load
       - update enforcing mode selection
       - locking fixes
       - backport relevant 2.5 exec_permission_lite changes
       - added comm to audit msg
       - make extened socket call processing optional
       - enhanced MLS support

    2.4.18-lsm2
     - remerge with 2.4.18, merge error			(me)
     - update to LIDS 2.0.1pre3				(Huagang Xie)
       - many bug fixes and code cleanups
       - use single source tree for 2.4/2.5
       - stackable with owlsm
     - SELinux updates					(Stephen Smalley)
       - many bug fixes and code cleanups
       - security server locking updates
       - Merge Selopt from James Morris
       - add support for owlsm stacking
       - deadlock fixes
     - added socket post_accept and skb recv_datagram hooks (Chris Vance)
     - fixed lsm netfilter hook placement			(James Morris)
     - add pivotroot and post_pivotroot hooks		(Stephen Smalley)

    2.4.18-lsm1
     - 2.4.18-pre and 2.4.18 merges                         (me)
     - make sure sys_setgroups16 is mediated                (Antony
       Edwards/me)
     - fcntl_*lk* cleanups                                  (me)
     - file_ops->lock support for fcntl style locks         (Antony
       Edwards/me)
     - multiple DTE cleanups                                (Serge Hallyn)
     - add binprm check_security hook                       (Huagang Xie)
     - add LIDS module to tree                              (Huagang Xie)
     - replace binfmt_elf.c fix lost in 2.4.18              (me)