Re: XFS and LSM

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 11:37:22 PDT

    * Russell Coker (russellat_private) wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:58, richard offer wrote:
    > > * frm russellat_private "06/13/02 10:15:08 +0200" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    > > *
    > > * I wanted to build a system running the XFS file system and Linux Security
    > > * Modules (LSM), so I had a look at hacking the patch files to make them
    > > * work.
    > > *
    > > * I found one issue where the patches severely conflict, system call 1217
    > > * on  IA64 is sys_setxattr for XFS and is sys_security for LSM!
    > > *
    > > * One of the projects has to change the system call.
    > >
    > > The official IA64 syscall number for sys_security will be 1233, as assigned
    > > by David Mosberger on May 28 in response to an email I sent him.
    >
    > OK, could we have another release incorporating the correct number in the
    > near future?

    The 2.4 LSM tree is now updated with the proper IA-64 sys_security
    number (thanks Greg and Richard).  I can release a patch with just this
    change if it's useful.

    I've also got a 2.4-dev tree that's up-to-date with 2.4.19-pre10 (plus
    the latest IA-64 sys_security update).  I will release this patch today,
    as it contains useful changes for those following 2.4.  The tree is
    bk://lsm.bkbits.net/lsm-2.4-dev.