Re: [bkpatch] add official security syscall number for IA64 in 2.4

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 12:20:59 PDT

    * Greg KH (gregat_private) wrote:
    > On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:04:44AM -0700, richard offer wrote:
    > >
    > > Is this the best way to send a patch generated by bk makepatch ? Or would
    > > people rather have a traditional patch ?
    >
    > The preferred method is to use the bksend script, which can be found in
    > the Documentation/BK-usage directory in the 2.5 kernel tree.

    Of course, traditional patches are still fine as well ;-)  And if your
    tree is public we can pull from it to do the merge.  The main nicety of
    bksend is it gives a bk changeset _plus_ a readable diff.

    > Thanks, but I already made this change to the tree :)

    Greg, your change is not the same as Richard's, so I've pulled in his
    change as well.  Now, both the 2.4 trees and the 2.5 tree should contain
    consistent IA-64 __NR_security macros and the proper sys_security slot
    in the syscall tables.