patching Cobalt Qube machines

From: Russell Coker (russellat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 03:37:10 PDT

    I'm trying to get LSM to build on a Cobalt Qube.

    I took the kernel source 2.4.16C10 that Sun ships to special people (the
    sales people deny having 2.4 kernel support), removed the XFS, kdb, and kdgb
    patches and made a diff against the regular 2.4.16 kernel.  Then I fixed the
    errors applying this to 2.4.18 (mostly code that Sun had back-ported to
    2.4.16 as well as some SPARC specific stuff that I just removed - Cobalt
    machines never have SPARC processors anyway).  After getting my new 2.4.18
    kernel booting on a Qube I tried applying the LSM patch.

    I've attached a patch that conflicts with the LSM patch for your interest.
    It adds support for larger numbers of supplementary groups and allows the
    maximum to be changed at runtime.

    I think this may be of interest because, this patch may end up in a main-line
    kernel at some future time and someone here is probably interested in
    supporting all the Cobalt features in addition to LSM instead of replacing
    the entire OS on their Qube as I did.  Also there's plenty of people who are
    involved in kernel hacking here, maybe they'll like this patch.

    From field.