Re: SELinux Dumb Questions

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:31:39 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 04:13:42PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:
    > Valdis.Kletnieksat_private wrote:
    >
    > >Patent numbers, please?
    > >

    > I did a little searching, but failed to discover patent numbers. They're
    > out there somewhere.
    >
    > FYI, both Type Enforcement (TE) and Domain and Type Enforcement (DTE)
    > are patented. Secure Computing Corp. patented TE, and TIS (Trusted
    > Information Systems, now owned by Network Associates) patented DTE. The
    > TE patent came first by several years. Lee Badger was one of the authors
    > of the DTE patent.

    I'm guessing that the DTE patent is number US5819275, as that's the only
    relevant patent that I can find with his name on it (although lots of
    patents to reference his published articles.)

    Does anyone have the patent number that SCC claims is covered in
    SELinux?  Could it be US6209101?

    thanks,

    greg k-h