Re: PPC support

From: Russell Coker (russellat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 13:28:32 PDT

    On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 05:00, Vincent Danen wrote:
    > I've been subscribed to the list for a while and finally managed to catch
    > up on some of the mails on here.  I'm looking to play with LSM a little,
    > but my security "work" machine is an ibook (thus PPC), and I don't see any
    > PPC support in the LSM patch (I see a little IA64 and x86).
    >
    > Is there no work being done on LSM for PPC?  I'm not a bigtime kernel
    > hacker or anything, but I like playing... =)  I'm thinking of trying to
    > port the x86 part of the patch to apply against the PPC kernel, but if
    > there is something like an incompatability with LSM and PPC, I'm probably
    > not the best person to resolve it.  =)

    Looks like there needs to be a patch to arch/ppc/config.in to do the
    following:
    source security/Config.in

    Then there needs to be a patch for arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S for a system call
    number for sys_security (number 209?).

    Then there's sys_iopl() (as previously discussed on this list) and
    sys_ptrace() support.

    It doesn't look that difficult by kernel coding standards...

    From field.