Re: PPC support

From: Vincent Danen (vdanen-d-1029095328.8139f6f9at_private)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 12:48:47 PDT

    On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:56:10 -0500 (CDT), Emily Ratliff wrote:

    > > Is there no work being done on LSM for PPC?
    > There are 3 platform dependent pieces of code in LSM, AFAIK. The syscall
    > number, the ptrace hooks, and the hooks in sys_iopl and sys_ioperm. paulus
    > and Anton are adding the syscall number and pthrace hooks into 2.5 ppc
    > code. There is no analog to sys_iopl and sys_ioperm on PPC. (Also, Greg
    > KH submitted the config/build code for various platforms to LKML, I
    > believe it has been picked up in 2.5.27 or 29.) If the version of the
    > kernel doesn't have the platform dependent pieces you can easily generate
    > the patch yourself by looking at the i386 code.

    Thanks for the info, Emily.  Looks like I need to start fiddling with the 2.5 kernels... =)

    I'll take another gander at the 2.4.19 patch and see what I can do about porting the platform-dependent stuff over to PPC.

    Not being a kernel hacker may hinder me somewhat, so don't yell if I come back for a few pointers.  =)

    --
    MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
    "lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"