Re: [patch] Hook in do_kern_mount

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 09:02:45 PDT

    On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:

    > But I think it would be moving further away from what Al Viro wants.
    > Every instance of do_loopback, do_move_mount, and do_remount is
    > ignored.  Wouldn't it be more 'correct' (or at least pc) to move the
    > graft_tree hooks into attach_mnt?  Would that be sufficient in place
    > of sb_kern_mount?

    Al Viro originally suggested the hook in do_kern_mount to me, noting that
    all of the work done by superblock_precondition should be performed before
    do_kern_mount exits.  So I wouldn't expect him to object to a hook in that
    function.  However, I think that Chris is working on hooks for attach_mnt
    as well.  Notice that not every superblock object is attached to the
    namespace, so we still would want a hook in do_kern_mount.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private