Blocking the packets

From: Amit Sharma (amitsat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 02:45:54 PST

    Hi List,

    Am writing a simple firewall Gateway on Linux kernel 2.4 for self learning.
    The first step of getting hold of packets has been carried out. I used libpcap for sniffing packets at the data link layer.
    Now based on certain rules, I would like to stop a particular packet based on a rule from moving further to its destination machine. But my problem is:  how do I stop/block a packet from moving ahead in the network segment after sniffing it ?

    Thnx in advance,
    Amit