Willing to change LSM so secondary defaults correct

From: David Wheeler (dwheelerat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 06:17:33 PST

    Hi -

    Just in case my previous emails weren't clear, I'm willing to work
    on LSM patches so that the "default" filling in of hooks is
    "correct" for stacked/secondary/registered modules
    (i.e., they don't call capability themselves).

    However, before doing so, I want to hear any comments.
    If people often want to mix in the capability module with another
    secondary module when they have a single child, I could write
    a small function in the capability module that fills in the security_ops
    fields if it can.  That way, primary modules can choose to mix in
    the capability module, or not, at their option.

    My goal is to make sure that the _primary_ module always has full
    control over what happens.

    --- David A. Wheeler
         dwheelerat_private