General questions

From: gii (giiat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 09:34:33 PST

    Hi everyone,

            I'm working on a security module that uses the LSM patch but I'm new to this kind of stuff and I'd like to have some precious info from you all. ;-) I've read all I could find on the principles of LSM but I haven't found any detailed description. Do you plan on producing more documentation (at least, more detailed one) on LSM? When do you plan on integrating all the hooks in the kernel (any dates)? Do you plan on integrating LSM gradually or all at once? The security module we are working on uses the sys_security call to implement new system calls to communicate with our module. Do you plan of getting rid of this (I think it doesn't appear in the 2.5.59 patch) and if so, what other means of communication are possible? Once again, I'm new to this so its going to take a couple of more days before I can ask some real and profound questions... ;-)) Thank you for your cooperation and comprehension.

    Gabriel