Re: what is lsm-2.4?

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:25:07 PDT

    Gustavo Gonzalez Angeles wrote:

    > Hi, my name is Gustavo Gonzalez, im student from Nacional University
    > okf Mexico, and I am interested in develop security technology, and
    > saw LSM  in the NSA home page but what really does this software, is
    > like a old Gauntlet from NAI???.... exist a manual or some like
    > that?????....

    No, it is not at all like NAI's Gauntlet. Gauntlet is an
    application/proxy firewall toolkit. LSM is a pluggable module interface
    for access control systems. Read this paper:

        "Linux Security Modules: General Security Support for the Linux
        Kernel". Chris Wright, Crispin Cowan, Stephen Smalley, James Morris,
        and Greg Kroah-Hartman. Presented at the 11^th USENIX Security
        Symposium <http://www.usenix.org/events/sec02/>, San Francisco, CA,
        August 2002. PDF <http://immunix.com/%7Ecrispin/lsm-usenix02.pdf>.

    or read any of the other overview documents here
    http://lsm.immunix.org/lsm_doc.html

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/