Re: what is lsm2.4?

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:24:17 PDT

    * José Gustavo González Angeles (jggonzalezat_private) wrote:
    > Hi, my name is Gustavo Gonzalez, im student from Nacional University okf
    > Mexico, and I am interested in develop security technology, and saw LSM  in
    > the NSA home page but what really does this software, is like a old Gauntlet
    > from NAI???.... exist a manual or some like that?????....

    LSM is a framework for plugging security enforment models into the Linux
    kernel.  By itself, LSM doesn't do much, it requires a module to enforce
    some policy.  SELinux is an example (from NSA) or a module that
    implements multiple models (TE, RBAC, MLS, etc) which can be configured
    to significantly clamp down a system.  There is a documentation link
    from the lsm homepage.  Check out <http://lsm.immunix.org/lsm_doc.html>.