Re: [MailServer Notification]To Recipient virus found and action taken.

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 17:10:36 PDT

    Antony Stone wrote:

    >On Tuesday 01 July 2003 12:54 am, Russell Coker wrote:
    >

    >>Guys, what's going on here?
    >>
    >>Are these messages really originating with you as they claim or are they
    >>getting @wirex.com tacked on the end of the address?
    >>

    >The Sobig virus spoofs the sender address, so what you see is not where it
    >appears to be from.

    But the fact that it's being posted to LSM suggests that one of the 600
    or so subscribers is infected. Not a lot we can do about that. Weirdos
    doing linux work with a windows mail client :)

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/