Re: How to get full pathname from an inode?

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:22:42 PDT

    On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:18:32PM -0400, Omen Wild wrote:
    > Hmmm, does that mean I need to check each of the inodes in the d_alias
    > list?  No, that can not be correct because it is the same inode.

    Correct, but for the wrong reason. The lst of dentries associated with
    an inode is only populated with dentries that have been used recently
    enuogh to still be in the dentry cache.

    On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:26:02PM -0400, Omen Wild wrote:
    > I am trying to build a module that checks the SHA1 hash of files as
    > they get loaded and compare it to a SHA1 hash previously calculated and
    > stored.

    struct inode has a security field that you can populate with your own
    data strcutures as needed. If you use a macro to access it, you're more
    likely to stack peaacefully with other modules.

    --
    http://sardonix.org/