Re: About Auditing ...

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 09:15:31 PDT

    On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 11:42, Ripin Natani wrote:
    > Hi,
    >     I am new to the group and am looking at the Auditing capabilities
    > of SELinux(I hope this is the right group).
    >     I have a few questions ...
    >
    > I was going through the mail archives and found a lot of mails
    > debating about the inclusion of auditing. So what is the status of
    > auditing with SELinux ? Is SELinux supporting an auditing system ?if
    > yes what kind(the design) of auditing system ? Where does the log
    > events for the audit log go ? What security related events get audited
    > ? have there been any tools being thought of for analysing these
    > events ? is there any kind of documentation for this stuff ?

    Questions specific to SELinux should be directed to
    selinuxat_private after subscribing to that list.  See
    http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/list.html.  Mailing list archives can be
    conveniently searched at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux.
    While SELinux does not specifically address auditing (it is focused on
    providing mandatory access control), it does provide configurable
    auditing of the mandatory access controls.

    --
    Stephen Smalley <sdsat_private>
    National Security Agency