Re: Spam on the list

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 21:38:21 PDT

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:11:11 EDT, "John S. Wolter" said:

    > The need for me to add a disclaimer to my EMail raises in my mind
    > questions about authentication prior to signature.  Who is signing an
    > online contract?  Is that an application for LSM?

    Nope.  That's an application for PGP, or S/MIME, or a click-through over SSL,
    or a PAM module, or something like that, depending on when/what you're
    authenticating.

    Incidentally, the "act of the US Congress" probably doesn't mean what you think
    it does.  15 USC 7001 only says (basically) that a signature can't be denied legal
    validity solely because it's in digital form.