Re: Virus Flood to LSM list

From: Katsunori Tanaka (tanakaat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 22:18:57 PDT

    Hello,

    "John S. Wolter" <johnswolterat_private> wrote:

    > I've been receiving an flood EMail with a virus removed and addressed to
    > the list.   Do you think the list is under deliberate attack?  Is there
    > anything the list managers can do to eliminate the problem EMails?  If
    > this continues I will be forced to unsubscribe, too bad.

    Email massages with virus seems to be sent from [203.234.75.3].
    Whois 203.234.75.3 shows a University's domain in Korea.

    Listmaster, please contact the administrator or suitable person
    of the domain and demands to stop the sending.

    $ whois 203.234.75.3

    query: 203.234.75.3

    # ENGLISH

    KRNIC is not ISP but National Internet Registry similar with APNIC.
    Please see the following end-user contacts for IP address information.

    IP Address         : 203.234.72.0-203.234.79.255
    Network Name       : HANSUNET
    Connect ISP Name   : KORNET
    Connect Date       : 19960326
    Registration Date  : 19960326

    [ Organization Information ]
    Orgnization ID     : ORG5203
    Org Name           : Hanseo University(HSU)
    State              : CHUNGNAM
    Address            : 360 Daegok-ri Haemi-myun Seosan
    Zip Code           : 356-820

    [ Admin Contact Information]
    Name               : SEOUNGYUN BANG
    Org Name           : Hanseo University(HSU)
    State              : CHUNGNAM
    Address            : 360, Daegok-ri, Haemi-myun, Seosan
    Zip Code           : 356-820
    Phone              : +82-43-60-1171
    Fax                : (0445) 60-1174
    E-Mail             : tkparkat_private

    [ Technical Contact Information ]
    Name               : SEOUNGYUN BANG
    Org Name           : Hanseo University(HSU)
    State              : CHUNGNAM
    Address            : 360, Daegok-ri, Haemi-myun, Seosan
    Zip Code           : 356-820
    Phone              : +82-43-60-1171
    Fax                : (0445) 60-1174
    E-Mail             : tkparkat_private

    If the above contacts are not rechable, please see the following ISP contacts
    for relevant information or network abuse complaints.

    [ ISP IP Admin Contact Information ]
    Name               : Choi Gi-Su
    Phone              : +82-2-747-9213
    Fax                : +82-2-747-8701
    E-Mail             : ipat_private

    [ ISP IP Tech Contact Information ]
    Name               : Baek Gyeong-mok
    Phone              : +82-2-3674-5708
    Fax                : +82-2-747-8701
    E-Mail             : ipat_private

    [ ISP Network Abuse Contact Information ]
    Name               : Abuse manager
    Phone              : +82-2-3675-1499
    Fax                : +82-2-747-8701
    E-Mail             : abuseat_private