Re: Man to Boy love

From: richard offer (offer@private)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:34:23 PDT

    * frm russell@private "09/23/03 14:50:39 +1000" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    *
    * On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:50, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    *> And at the present time, it would also be infeasible to close the list.
    *> The net is under heavy bombardment by the Swen virus, so the mailman
    *> interface is choked with bogus posts. If it were closed, the risk of a
    *> moderator mistakenly rejecting a legitimate post would be very high.
    *
    * Mail sometimes gets lost, it's something we have to deal with.

    Not that it should affect the decision, but the list appeared to have been
    "blacklisted" for a week by our corporate spam filters (apparantly due to
    propagating viruses), I missed any messages between the 6-16 September (I
    only notced after an unsubscribe message from mailman).

    If the list becomes overloaded with SPAM/virii, then other corporate
    entities may start to block it.

    And no, I don't have any good suggestions, the problem is industry wide....

    richard.

    Richard Offer                Technical Lead, Linux System Software, SGI
    "Specialization is for insects"