Re: Man to Boy love

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:05:46 PDT

    richard offer wrote:

    >Not that it should affect the decision, but the list appeared to have been
    >"blacklisted" for a week by our corporate spam filters (apparantly due to
    >propagating viruses), I missed any messages between the 6-16 September (I
    >only notced after an unsubscribe message from mailman).
    >
    >If the list becomes overloaded with SPAM/virii, then other corporate
    >entities may start to block it.

    The LSM list was hit hard with the Sobig.F viurs, and that was our
    fault. Mid-way through the Sobig.F storm, we put in a filter to stop it.

    Fortunately, that filterhas continued to work in the current Swen virus
    storm, as I have not seen any Swen instances here.

    And for that matter, since that filter was put in September 8, there
    have been 4 spam leaked through (including manboylove), and zero
    viruses. For perspective, during that same period, there were 18 posts
    discussing the spam & virus problem :) So while there was a historic
    problem, it's pretty good since Sept. 8.

    Again, I will share the filter with any individuals who think they can
    improve it. I'm just not posting it publicly to avoid helping the spammers.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/