Re: about linux kenel module configure file using xml

From: Yuan Chunyang (cyyuan79@private)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 00:06:39 PDT

> Just don't do this.  There is zero reason to put this complexity into
> the kernel.  Do all parsing and config file reading in userspace.  Then
> use results to pass parsed data to kernel via a simple interface.  E.g.
> one value per file filesystem, sysfs entries, etc.

Yes , Chirs. I know your mean -  put the parsing work in userspace. Do
you have simple example of how to parse the configure file and kenel module
can get it by sysfs or by other ways?

Maybe it is the simple way to parse the configure file to binary file in userspace
and let kenel module read binary file.

     _ __
 |\/      \/ ______     Yuan Chunyang    (Ph.D candidate)
 \|    . . || |\\\\\    Open System & Chinese Information Processing Center
  (   ( oo))| | ------  Institute of Software , Chinese Academy of Sciences
   /  \    \| |   ||||  P.O.Box 8718     Beijing 100080           P.R.China
  (___\^^^^^|_|___||||  Email:   chunyang03at_private