Re: about linux kenel module configure file using xml

From: Makan Pourzandi (Makan.Pourzandi@private)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 10:27:24 PDT

Yuan Chunyang wrote:
>>In DSI project, the security policy file is written on XML, it is parsed
>>in user space and then the info is sent to our Linux kernel module dsm,
>>through sysfs. you could have a look at our source code,
>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/disec/ consider downloading the
>>disec-0.4 package.

Oops. Sorry, I made a mistake, you should check out the code from the
source forge cvs to have the latest version of the code using sysfs. The
  0.4 still uses the dev/char.  Remark that with dev/char it'll work for
you but you better use sysfs instead and then check out the latest
version of the code.

> hi, Makan:
>
> The implementation of parsing policy in DSI is followed:
>

> (3) The parameters between userspace and kernelspace is in hook function
> dsi_sys_security(). But this hook is removed in 2.6.
>
> I do not know whether the procedure is right.  But as described in (3),  sys_security
> hook is removed from 2.6 .  Then how can we do?
This is a legacy issue, the first version of the code was using
sys_security hook. Afterwards, when we switched to char/dev and the hook
was removed we didn't change the name of the function but keep calling
that function internally. Please remark that the code corresponding to
registering this hook has been commented, though I should tell that we
should have removed that code in order to avoid any confusion.

Sorry again,
Makan

--

Makan Pourzandi, Open Systems Lab