Re: Network

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@private
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 07:03:09 PST

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:28:11 +0300, Kenny Chamber said:

> does this ? I have a lot of proceses (http apache or qmail) that are
> freezing just like that ! The only thing that still runs is the ping

Bad news indeed..

> reply and i want to make a switch based on a special packet sent using
> the ping command that restarts the server when received.

I am not at all confident that you'll be *able* to restart the server
unless you fix the underlying problem that's causing the hangs.

I'd work on figuring out *why* things are hanging, and fix that.  Given that
both apache and qmail are apparently hanging, I'd start by looking at a broken
network driver, out-of-memory issues, and things like that....