Re: LSM stacker update

From: tvrtko.ursulin@private
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 03:48:49 PST

>stacker.patch: Main change is that, since mod_reg_security()
>actually calls verify(ops), all ops->hooks which were
>not defined will be pointing to the dummy hooks, so
>there is no reason to check
>if (m)
>m->hook();
>so stacker now just calls m->hook().  This might provide
>some performance improvement, particularly if the
>m->hook call was on the path requiring the jump.  (I
>haven't checked that).

Doesn't this break restrictive stacked hooks? For example you have two
modules stacked, capabilites.ko and a 3rd party one. Stacker ask
capability on capset_check and gets 0. Then it asks 3rd party for it,
which doesn't care, but dummy gets called and says -EPERM. The end result
is -EPERM which is not what we want.

Had been bitten by it and have a set_to_null_if_dummy in my stacker
register_security. :)