Re: LSM stacker update

From: tvrtko.ursulin@private
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 05:53:35 PST

On 31/01/2005 20:33:09 linux-security-module-bounces wrote:

>The question is whether verify should be called on secondary modules, as
>you might otherwise end up calling the dummy module's hook function
>multiple times if two or more of the stacked security modules fail to
>define the hook.

Are you concerned for it only because of performance reason,s or because
it causes broken behavior?

Maybe I am missing something but I can't see that I am at the moment. In
my other reply to Serge I have laid an example of two stacked modules. One
of them implements a restrictive hook, while the other does not. Dummy
version gets called which destroys the overall result in the stacker -
approved operation now becomes forbidden.

Therefore I think that verify_ops should definetly be dropped if full
blown and transparent stacking will be implemented.