Re: LSM stacker update

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 06:33:12 PST

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 10:38, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Really, I guess even with the case of bsdjail, you could insert the
> module anytime, since it only creates jails on new processes.  On the
> other hand, whereas it currently only creates a jail when a process does
> an exec under certain conditions, it now would have to create an empty
> jail for each newly created process.  I also see a problem with module
> unloading, since an LSM can't just run through and delete all it's data.
> Just using kref structs doesn't even help since the free hook would have
> to remain loaded.

The structure allocated upon the alloc_security could be just a trivial
container structure with a pointer to the real structure to be filled in
later upon the exec, so that you don't have to manipulate the chain of
security objects at that time.  Module removal has plenty of other
safety issues already, doesn't it?

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
National Security Agency