Re: stacker and dummy

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 06:10:39 PDT

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 21:35 -0500, serue@private wrote:
> Regarding whether to use capability or cap_stack, I think we do want to
> protect the security.* extended attributes when no modules are loaded.
> One might argue it's pretty much meaningless so long as you've booted
> your non-selinux or non-mls kernel, but that's assuming to know too much
> about someone's environment.  What does everyone prefer?

Protecting the security EAs against non-root manipulation by default.
The same discussion previously occurred on lkml, when Chris posted the
patch adding the cap_inode_setxattr/removexattr hooks in response to the
original request by SuSE, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107428839320842&w=2

--
Stephen Smalley