Re: stacker and dummy

From: serue@private
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 19:35:57 PDT

Quoting Tony Jones (tonyj@private):
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 03:28:44PM -0500, serue@private wrote:
>
> Just make sure dummy can't be unloaded by /sys/stacker/unload. I didn't
> bother to enforce this.

Attached is a just barely tested patch which makes dummy the default
module.

> I'd still like to see dummy go away and capability become the default.

If there are no problems with this patch, I plan to release a second
patch which removes the dummy module and makes capability the default
module.

Regarding whether to use capability or cap_stack, I think we do want to
protect the security.* extended attributes when no modules are loaded.
One might argue it's pretty much meaningless so long as you've booted
your non-selinux or non-mls kernel, but that's assuming to know too much
about someone's environment.  What does everyone prefer?

thanks,
-serge