Re: RFC: jail functionality

From: Greg KH (greg@private)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 22:44:33 PDT

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:14:09AM -0500, serue@private wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd still like to see bsdjail/vserver/zone functionality in linux.  It
> seems to me the following pieces are needed:
>
> 	more?

/sbin/hotplug and/or kevents.

I spent a few hours with one of the authors of the bsd jail code talking
about this and in the end, he just laughed and said "good luck."  He
also admitted that this was one of the reasons bsd wouldn't get such an
event notifier subsystem, so I figured it was a fair trade off.

Oh, and devfs in a jail is a pain in the ass, but if you solve the
hotplug/kevent issue, you can just use udev to handle that.

Good luck,

greg k-h