Re: lsm stacker

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 12:09:24 PDT

Stephen Smalley wrote:
>>I don't think this dire circumstance needs to occur.
>>
>It already is.  Develop an application on Fedora Core/RHEL, and you'll
>have the SELinux security model and API.  Develop an application on
>SuSE/SLES, and you'll have either no additional security model and API
>or you'll have the SubDomain one.

And this is "dire" only in that the whole world is not converging on
SELinux as the one true solution. That there is disagreement over what
the one true solution should be is why LSM exists, so that people can
choose something other than SELinux.

Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://immunix.com/~crispin/
Director of Software Engineering, Novell  http://novell.com