Re: greetingz

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 09:37:47 PDT

    What do you mean by "handle"?  What I usually try to
    do is to get all my devices to talk syslog -- I'll send
    a message to this list at some point in the next couple
    of days summarizing options for getting WinNT and Win2k to
    talk syslog -- and at that point, any syslog server can
    accumulate them.  Then you have to figure out what to >do<
    with the information, of course, but there are also lots
    of options there.

    Would I be correct in assuming, oh list members, that it
    would be good to have a Web page that included info on
    syslog processing apps (like swatch, logcheck, logsurfer)
    and integration tools for systems without native syslog?
    I could probably put something together based on the work
    I've done for my USENIX class...

    tbird

    VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html
    life: http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird