RE: [loganalysis] Logging standards and such

From: Chris Calabrese (chris_calabreseat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 07:05:42 PDT

    There was an IETF draft in 1999 by Abela and
    Debeaupuis called "Universal Format for Logger
    Messages" that addresses this issue.  When the IETF
    Syslog working group formed, I XML-ized it with the
    thinking that it would make a good basis for this sort
    of thing.

    Unfortunately, the Syslog working group decided it was
    outside of its scope, and it's sort of languished as
    I've moved on to other things.

    However, I have gotten some interest in it from time
    to time, and I offer it here as a good starting
    point...