[loganalysis] swatch / throttle

From: Stuart Kendrick (skendricat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 06:25:08 PDT

    Hi folks,

    Yes, I'm all excited to discover this loganalysis list, and I'm dumping
    on this list all the swatch questions which I've accumulated over the
    years I've been using this product ...

    The "throttle" parameter doesn't work as I would expect it to, in
    swatch.  For instance, I typically assign the value "480:00" to
    "throttle" ... and thus I would expect the associated "exec" action to be
    executed only once every six hours ... but instead, I tend to see the
    "exec" action performed every hour or so ... it isn't precisely
    consistent.

    Does anyone else see inconstency in how "throttle" works ... or am I
    special in some way? ;)

    --sk

    Stuart Kendrick
    FHCRC