[loganalysis] syslog-ng (FA?)Q

From: Mike Hoskins (mikeat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 16:08:34 PDT

    Working on getting syslog-ng up and running.  It's built, installed, and
    the general syntax for getting local logs working seems straightforward.

    However, I'm trying to get a remote host to relay messages to my
    centralized loghost using the following destination and log statements:

    destination ciscol      { file("/var/log/cisco.log"); };
    destination ciscor      { tcp(ip(10.0.100.12) port(514);); };
    log { source(src1); filter(ciscof); destination(ciscol); \
    	destination(ciscor);};

    Syslog-ng doesn't seem to like tcp(); within the destination clause, yet
    the documentation on their site seems to imply this should work.  To
    anyone else that's already done this...  What am I doing wrong?

    TIA,
    -Mike

    --
     Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.