Re: [logs] Best Practices for Application Logging

From: Fred Mobach (fredat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:31:39 PDT

    Hello,

    That's a great post, simple and straight. You'll have of course your
    reasons for doing so and I have to admit that I mostly use the same
    strategy. However, one not so minor detail in my strategy is different.

    Where you are looking for interesting items and emails those to the
    selected staff I unselect uninteresting messages and post the remaining
    messages to :
    - known messages to the operators for that software package,
    - unknown messages to the security officers.
    The latter because I never know beforehand what's going on.

    Regards,

    Fred

    --
    Fred Mobach - fredat_private - postmasterat_private
    Systemhouse Mobach bv - The Netherlands - since 1976

    quo usque tandem abutere patientia nostra de fenestris ?