Re: [logs] any syslog implementations of draft-ietf-syslog-reliable?

From: Sweth Chandramouli (svcat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 09:30:05 PDT

    On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:24:42PM -0300, Alejo Sanchez wrote:
    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > Isn't syslog-sign still on early design?
    >
    > We do plan to support it eventually on msyslog,
    > but in a generic way. It wouldn't be my #1 choice.
    	Syslog-sign is (mostly) finished up as an internet draft,
    and should hopefully move on to a full-blown RFC status soon.  One thing
    that would really help that process, though, is if people who might
    implement it could take a look at it and give some more practical
    feedback on it (hint hint).  The URL is
    <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-03.txt>,
    altough there have been a few proposed changes in the last week or
    so that are probably only in the syslog-sec archives (at
    <http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog-sec%40employees.org/>).

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli ; <svcat_private>
    President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting