Re: [logs] log review policies

From: peff-loganalat_private
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 00:47:26 PDT

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

    > A send-only MTA need not be an SMTP server, not even with sendmail:
    >
    > % sendmail -q15m

    Explain how messages get from the loghost to the admin workstation in that
    situation without the admin workstation running an SMTP server.

    Clearly for delivery to just the loghost, it isn't required (which is
    what I'm doing -- somebody else suggested direct, real-time delivery to
    admin workstations).

    > Well, you don't have to use sendmail. There are still Postfix and qmail.

    For the record, I am using qmail; it's trivial to set up local-only
    delivery.

    -Jeff