[logs] HEAD requests

From: Jeanne Heicher (nppublibat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 12:16:03 PDT

    Hi,
    I have been lurking on this list for a while, and am trying patiently
    to get my feet on the ground. Can anyone point me to a site or
    reference book which covers the very basics on log files and their
    maintenance? In specific, I am looking for the meaning of a HEAD
    request in a log file for IIS (as opposed to a GET request).
    	TIA,
    	Jeanne Heicher
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Newport Public Library                  Hours:
    316 N. 4th St.  Newport PA 17074        Mon.   1 PM  - 8 PM
    (717)567-6860  FAX (717)567-3373        Tues.  10 AM - 8 PM
                                            Wed.   1 PM  - 8 PM
    nppublibat_private                         Thurs. 10 AM - 8 PM
    http://www.Newportpubliclibrary.org     Fri.   1 PM  - 5 PM
                                            Sat.   10 AM - 5 PM

    Thank you for supporting your community library.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx