[logs] Best software between : swatch, logsurfer and wots ?

From: Gildas PERROT (perrotat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 10:07:13 PDT

    Hi,

    I am looking for the best software those ones (and others  why not ?). I am
    using Redhat 6.x and have perl and C compiler installed.
    I already tried swatch but I discover some bugs or problems :

    1) I noticed that with --tail-file mode, matched lines are not displayed by
    "echo" as soons as they appear in logfile even if "throttle" is not used.
    What is the default behaviour in that case and how can make the line to be
    displayed ASAP (at least 5 s after it is written in the logfile).

    2) throttle values are not accepted.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Gildas.
    ---
    Gildas PERROT, perrotat_private
    Fluxus, 30 rue du Château des Rentiers,          __o
    75647 Paris Cedex 13  http://www.fluxus.net ---_`\<,_
    Fluxus est une société BT Ignite.       ----- (_)/ (_)