Re: [logs] Logging standards?

From: gekked (gekkedat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:34:20 PDT

    I am not a lawyer.
    But a website I work with has these considerations. For non-regulated
    industries, there is no legal requirement for keeping server logs.

    For organizations (like financial) that are already regulated, or
    already have record preservation restrictions, those extend to the
    internet.

    In the current climate of expanding law enforcement power, friends
    from the EFF tell me that required logging legislation is on the
    horizon, with UK and Dutch governments leading the charge.

    gkd/imc