Re: [logs] Logging standards?

From: Sweth Chandramouli (svcat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 23:03:17 PDT

    On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:07:46PM -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
    > >tracking its divergence from UTC during the session?
    >
    > Unh, why?
    >
    > Most people don't calibrate their watches very often and that's fine for
    > evidence.
    >
    > Relative time, timezones -- not beyond the understanding of the courts.
    	True, but the more evidence that you can provide that
    your log file timestamps are correlatable to UTC, the more convincing
    your argument is.  I'm actually working on a whitepaper about this right
    now; I'll post a draft when it's ready for public consumption.

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli ; <svcat_private>
    President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting