Re: [logs] Logging standards?

From: todd glassey (todd.glasseyat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 11:16:18 PST

    And Shane, how exactly do you prove that no one violated that "LPAR
    Compartmentalization" you just heaved back at me.

    The whole point is that someone or something has to be empowered to verify
    the veracity of the acts taking place on a system otherwise there would be
    no need of this conversation group since there would be no logging because
    surely it violates that same privacy.

    I think the privacy you refer to is from "other users", but honestly how is
    it possible that you and the Systems Admins and Auditors would or could not
    know each other more intimately.

    So - I ask again - what real expectation of privacy is there in a Time
    Sharing System, other than by potential agreement between the users?

    Todd