Re: [logs] Monitoring Novell

From: Matthew G. Marsh (mgmat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 09:24:07 PST

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Tina Bird wrote:

    > Hi all --
    >
    > There have been a couple of questions about how to monitor
    > Novell.  I haven't found anything about syslog yet, but it
    > appears that Novell has SNMP capabilities.  Check out:
    >
    > http://lanweb.cit.buffalo.edu/doc/Online/inst-87.html

    They are very extensive SNMP capabilities. And if you are running Novell
    on a Compaq or IBM environment then you can run the hardware management
    SNMP under Novell and get all your hardware information as well.

    Go do a search on Novell's web site for "SNMP SDK MIB" and you will be
    pointed in the direction of the downloadable MIBs for the entire Novell
    platform.

    > if SNMP is an option for you.
    >
    > cheers -- tbird
    >
    > "I was being patient, but it took too long." -
    >                                 Anya, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
    >
    > Log Analysis: http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html
    > VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html

    > For additional commands, e-mail: loganalysis-helpat_private

    Matthew G. Marsh,  President
    Paktronix Systems LLC
    1506 North 59th Street
    Omaha  NE  68104