Re: [logs] syslogd - parallel logging

From: Gary (hotmail) (heitmangaat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 02:35:56 PST

    Can you post your syslog.conf ? Your messages should only go where you tell
    them (ah... of course...). I leave some info on both the local and remote,
    just in case...

    I think you could probably filter the udp port /traffic that syslog uses, if
    you need to make sure only authorized hosts write to your syslog machine. In
    my world (again), I kind of deicided that log server is for everyone -- I
    have a huge disk and run some monitors on the logs to be kept aware of file
    sizes, etc.

    -gary