RE: [logs] syslogd - parallel logging

From: Ogle Ron (Rennes) (OgleRat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 01:31:55 PST

    You probably have an *.info somewhere else in /etc/syslog.conf that points
    to /var/log/messages.  For the second question, don't you have a firewall?
    You can also put a "personal" firewall like IPfilter or the like on your
    logging machine that could limit what IP addresses that you would allow to
    send you packets.

    Ron Ogle
    Rennes, France